Good News for Portuguese Golden Visa Holders; In Portugal, the newborn children of investors can acquire Portuguese (EU) citizenship by birth. This citizenship law also applies to investors who have fulfilled the minimum 7-day physical stay requirement during 1 year.
With the new amendments to the country’s citizenship law, the Portugal Golden Visa Program becomes the only (EU) scheme that allows foreign investors to obtain citizenship by birth for their children without the need to reside in the country for any significant time.
Portugal has become a desired destination for investors and wealthy individuals who want to secure European Union residency for themselves and their families. The reasons are numerous: Increased study and work possibilities across Europe, the opportunity to travel visa-free across the Schengen Zone, access to robust health care systems, among others.
One of the most attractive aspects of the Portuguese golden visa program is undoubtedly the stay requirement, which only establishes 7 days per year to maintain resident status. This is an important benefit considering that many investors want to obtain a residence permit in Portugal to be able to expand their business in the European Union without the need to relocate.
Don’t Miss Our Portugal Webinar in Collaboration With Gulf News
Why Should You Apply For This Golden Visa Program?
The Portugal Golden Visa Program is designed to be straightforward and efficient, with a timeframe of just six months to your new residency. The program consists of a few simple steps and requires applicants to be at least 18 years of age, in good health, possess no criminal record, have confirmed investment sources and successfully pass due diligence checks.
Individuals can apply as single applicants or as a family. Eligible family members include the spouse of the main applicant and children (biological or adopted) under 18 years of age. Parents and children older than 18 years old can be included in the application if they are dependent on the main applicant.
Benefits of Being A Portuguese Resident
The Portugal Golden Visa Program is a gateway to endless opportunities and a better, more secure life for an individual and his/her family. The benefits of a Portuguese residence card is more than worth every penny you will spend during the application process. And here’s why:
- Freedom of movement: As a permanent resident of Portugal, investors are also classified as a resident of the European Union. They will gain freedom of movement without restrictions in the Schengen Area.
- Health & Education: Investors and their families can enjoy quality education in schools and universities and world-class healthcare across Portugal and Europe.
- Minimal residency required: The program requires a minimal physical residency in Portugal of 7 days per year.
- Pathway to citizenship: When investors fulfil all the residency program requirements and hold their residency for 5 years, they are then eligible to apply for Portuguese citizenship.
- High-ranked passport: The Portuguese passport is ranked in the top 5 passports in the world for ease of travel.
- Ease of travel: If residents of Portugal successfully obtain citizenship, they can then enjoy visa-free or visa-on-arrival travel to over 185 countries and territories, including the USA, Singapore and Hong Kong.
Book A Free Consultation
Savory & Partners is a government-approved agency that specializes in High-Net-Worth individuals applying to any Citizenship or Residency by Investment program. We are a British Authorised Agent with decades of experience who has helped over 1200 families obtain second citizenship and have a 100% success rate in the industry.
If you would like to apply to Portugal Golden Visa Program or want to learn more about the other European residency through investment programs on offer, please contact us today for a free and confidential consultation and one of our agents will happily aid you in your enquiry.
We are available on every channel convenient for you.
- Landline: +971 (0) 4 430 1717
- Mobile Phone: +971 54 440 2955
- WhatsApp: +971 54 440 2955
- E-mail: [email protected]
- Signal: +971 54 440 2955
- Telegram: +971 54 440 2955