Time To Citizenship
- Antigua & Barbuda Country profile
- Benefits of the program
- Investment requirements
- Visa-free and visa-on-arrival country list
About Antigua And Barbuda
The islands of Antigua and Barbuda are famous for their tranquillity and picturesque landscapes. The abundance of pristine white beaches and turquoise waters is evident through the local saying that Antigua and Barbuda has a beach for every day of the year. Many celebrities, including Oprah Winfrey and Giorgio Armani, have recognized the beauty that this small country in the Caribbean has to offer and own holiday homes on the island.
English & local dialects
GDP – Per Capita (2016):
GDP – Total (2016):
East Caribbean Dollars (XCD)
1 USD = 2.7 XCD
USD 1.449 billion
- The beautiful islands of Antigua and Barbuda are located in the Eastern Caribbean, just north of the equator.
- The capital St John is located in Antigua and is the highest point on the island at 1,318 ft. high.
- Antigua is the largest of the English-speaking Islands, is about 14 miles long and 11 miles wide, totalling 108 square miles.
- The islands are the sunniest of the Caribbean islands with average tropical temperatures ranging in the mid 20 degrees to highs of 40 degrees with low humidity all year round.
- Antigua and Barbuda were granted independence in 1981, and the legal system is based on well-respected English law.
- Antigua and Barbuda is a member of the African, Caribbean and Pacific Group of States, Association of Caribbean States, Caribbean Community, Non-Aligned Movement, Organisation of Eastern Caribbean States, Organization of American States, United Nations and World Trade Organization.
- The economy of Antigua is predominantly dependent upon tourism.
- The currency is the Eastern Caribbean dollar (XCD) which is pegged to the U.S. dollar. Christopher Columbus named Antigua after a picture in Seville Cathedral, Santa Maria de la Antigua. The name meaning ancient in Spanish.
- English is the official language of the islands, and the people widely speak Antiguan Creole.
- Antiguans believe the island to have 365 beaches – one for each day of the year.
Antigua and Barbuda is a Federation that has been a sovereign nation since its separation from British rule in 1981; however, it remains a member of the British Commonwealth.
Antigua and Barbuda is a constitutional monarchy with a British-style parliamentary system of government. An appointed Governor-General represents the reigning British Queen or King as the head of state.
Antigua & Barbuda is also a member of the United Nations, the Organization of American States (OAS), the Caribbean Common Market (CARICOM), the Organization of Eastern Caribbean States (OECS), the World Bank, and the International Monetary Fund (IMF).
Where is Antigua & Barbuda?
Office 29B, 2nd floor,
Al Mirqab Complex,
Above Doha Bank,
Opp. The Mirqab Mall,
Al Mirqab Al Jadeed Street
El Reedy Square -
Legenda Compound Commercial Building
No. i3, 2nd floor, Office D12 –
District 2, Sheikh Zayed City –
Avenida da Liberdade 110, 1269-046
5A, Shoreline Drive, Ikoyi, Lagos
18, Cité Sellier Coop. Mohamed Boudiaf Sidi Yahia,
Level 29, Tower B, Olaya Towers, Building No. 3074,
Prince Mohammed Bin Abdulaziz Road