Citizenship by Investment
Time To Citizenship
About Saint Lucia
GDP – Per Capita (2016):
GDP – Total (2016):
East Caribbean Dollars (XCD)
1 USD = 2.7 XCD
USD 1.379 billion
- Named after St. Lucy, a Roman Catholic Saint, the island of Saint Lucia is located in the Atlantic Ocean in the Caribbean. This volcanic island is part of the Windward Island and situated close to the islands of Martinique and St. Vincent.
- The island is famous for its 2 volcanic mountain caps – “The Pitons” based in a World Heritage Site. Also, it boasts the world’s only drive-in volcano.
- Lucia has a total area 620 square kilometres (239 square miles) and is 43km long (27 miles) by 23km wide (14 miles).
- The weather is typical for a Caribbean island with temperatures ranging from 21 – 32 degrees. The tropical climate is moderated by northeast trade winds that allow for pleasant year-round conditions. Although the island is located in the hurricane belt, it has been spared from all destructive hurricanes in the past.
- The official language is English, however, 95% of the population speak a French dialect – Saint Lucian Creole French.
- The country is a member of the British Commonwealth and the United Nations and the legal system in Saint Lucia is well-respected and based on English law.
- Saint Lucia is a member of the UNO and WTO, African, Caribbean and Pacific Group of States, Association of Caribbean States, Caribbean Community, Non-Aligned Movement, Organisation Internationale de la Francophonie, Organisation of the Eastern Caribbean States and the Organization of American States. The island also hosts the headquarters of the Organisation of Eastern Caribbean States in the capital city of Castries.
- The currency is the Eastern Caribbean dollar (XCD) which is pegged to the U.S. dollar.
- The Saint Lucia Citizenship by Investment Program, also known as St Lucia CIP, is a respected and government approved program. There are no capital gains or inheritance taxes in Saint Lucia. You will not be taxed on worldwide income if you are simply holding a citizenship and are not a resident of Saint Lucia. Property tax is levied on all properties.
- The island’s main export is bananas, but they also export beer and petroleum oils. However, tourism is very important to the Saint Lucian economy with many visitors arriving on the island from cruise ships.
The Saint Lucia Citizenship Act passed both houses of Parliament in August of 2015. The regulations regarding Citizenship by Investment in Saint Lucia are contained in Statutory Instrument No.89 of 2015. The Act enables individuals and families to acquire Saint Lucian citizenship upon making a qualifying investment.