Next to the Commonwealth of Dominica and St. Lucia, Antigua and Barbuda offer one of the most affordable paths to a second passport in both the Caribbean and the world. And not only is it one of the cheapest Citizenship by Investment (CBI) programs on the market, but it’s also one of the quickest.
This article explores how long it takes to obtain Citizenship by Investment in Antigua and Barbuda, the steps to be taken and the benefits that are waiting for you at the end.
In This Article:
- How long is the application process?
- What is the step-by-step procedure?
- How can you benefit from Antigua and Barbuda citizenship?
- Book a free consultation
How Long Is The Application Process?
Caribbean CBI programs are renowned worldwide for their fast and efficient application processes – Antigua and Barbuda is no exception. The entire procedure, from start to finish, takes just 3 to 4 months – making it one of the quickest routes to a second passport for high-net-worth individuals.
All that is required from foreign nationals is to meet the minimum requirement and to make one of two investment options. These are:
Investors can opt to make a minimum one-time contribution of USD 100,000 to Antigua and Barbuda’s National Development Fund (NDF), which will be used to further develop the country’s economy and infrastructure.
2. Real Estate
The second option available to investors is a real estate investment. A minimum of USD 400,000 must be invested in government-approved real estate projects.
If applying through a joint investment (2 individual investors with their families), the investment amount can be split – amounting to USD 200,000 per main applicant. Investors can regain their investment by reselling the property after the required holding period of 5 years.
Please note: The qualifying investment is not the only cost that will be charged to investors when applying to the CBI program. In addition to the investment, there are government processing fees, professional fees and other costs associated with all options. When using Savory & Partners as your trusted agent, you will be supplied with a fully itemised quotation with no hidden costs.
What Is The Step-By-Step Procedure?
Now that you are aware of how long it takes to obtain Antigua and Barbuda citizenship, let’s look at the steps you’ll need to take to achieve it:
Step 1: Pre-Approval
When choosing Savory & Partners as your government-approved agent, we’ll pre-screen a copy of your passport for pre-approval from the government of Antigua and Barbuda. At this point, a down payment of the professional fees is required to open your application, and you can expect a response in 24-48 hours.
Step 2: Prepare Documents
You’ll be given a detailed checklist of documents that you’ll need to provide with your application. Your authorised agent will aid you in collecting all the necessary documents and prepare all the paperwork during this time.
Step 3: Submitting Your Application
Your application will then be submitted together with the due diligence fees to the Citizenship by Investment Unit. If your chosen investment is the real estate option, you’ll need to reserve a property at this time. Please note, that the real estate investment is fully refundable in the unlikely case your application does not get approved.
Step 4: Waiting For Approval
Once completed, the due diligence report will be issued to the government of Antigua and Barbuda. Based on the findings in the report, the government will make its decision on your citizenship application.
Step 5: Payments
When your application is approved, you will then be invited to pay the one-time contribution to the NDF or settle the balance of your real estate purchase.
Step 6: Tying Up Loose Ends
Before your citizenship certificate and passport are issued, you will need to pay the balance of the professional fees. Upon completion, both your citizenship certificate and passport will then be couriered to you.
How Can You Benefit From Antigua and Barbuda Citizenship?
- Unrestricted travel: As a citizen of Antigua and Barbuda, investors gain visa-free or visa-on-arrival travel to over 145 countries and territories worldwide, including the United Kingdom, the Schengen Area and Singapore.
- Retirement option: For most people, an island paradise is considered an ideal retirement option. With its tropical weather, crystal clear water and great tax benefits, Antigua and Barbuda is a paradise for many retirees.
- Ultimate insurance: Holding second citizenship in Antigua and Barbuda is a great Plan B to put your mind at ease in times of economic or political instability in your home country.
- Ease of Process: The application process is designed to be a smooth and straightforward process, with no interview and education and management experience required to apply.
- Favourable tax policies: Antigua and Barbuda place no taxes on worldwide income, capital gains, dividends, gifts, wealth and inheritance.
- Minimal residency requirements: Due to the Covid pandemic, Antigua and Barbuda have temporarily suspended their 5-day physical residency requirement. The Oath of Allegiance can now also be taken at any Antigua and Barbuda consulate worldwide.
- Dual citizenship permitted: When obtaining citizenship in Antigua and Barbuda, you are not required to renounce your current citizenship(s), and your home authorities will not be notified of your new nationality and passport.
Book A Free Consultation
When seeking second citizenship in the Caribbean, be sure to render the services of an accredited and recognised advisor, like Savory & Partners.
When choosing us as your partner on this journey, you can be assured that you are in safe and capable hands. Savory & Partners is a long-standing and well-respected authorized agent that specializes in helping high-net-worth individuals secure citizenship through investment for themselves and their dependents.
The Savory & Partners team is made up of a diverse group of industry experts who span over 15 nationalities, speak over 25 languages collectively, and come with decades of accumulated CBI and RBI industry experience. Our level of expertise and competence combined with our commitment to serving our clients with the highest level of professionalism and transparency has led us to aid over 1,100 families obtain a second passport with a 100% success rate.
There is no one better positioned and more trustworthy than Savory & Partners when seeking the best results on your quest to secure a better future for yourself and your family.
If you would like to apply to the Antigua and Barbuda Citizenship by Investment Program or would like to learn more, get in contact with us today for a free online consultation and one of our skilled agents will happily aid you in your enquiry.
We are available on every channel convenient for you.