Montenegro’s Citizenship by Investment (CBI) program is ranked as the 9th best program of its kind by citizenship planning platform, Best Citizenships. In addition, its passport is ranked as the 58th most powerful in the world.
Based on these two facts alone, it’s clear to see that the Balkan country has a lot to offer foreign nationals seeking second citizenship. To acquire Montenegrin citizenship and passport, you need to make a one-time government contribution and invest in real estate in the country.
In This Article:
- More about the program
- Obtain Montenegro citizenship through real estate investment
- Benefits of holding a Montenegrin passport
- Book a free consultation
More About The Program
The Montenegro Citizenship by Investment program only began accepting applications in late 2019. In the short time since its launch, the program has become a popular route to a second passport for high-net-worth individuals all around the world.
Like many of its counterparts, this program was created by the government of Montenegro to attract direct foreign investment and increase economic activity in the country. In exchange for a defined economic contribution to the nation, individuals are granted citizenship status and gain the right to live, work and study in Montenegro.
Obtain Montenegro Citizenship Through Real Estate Investment
In addition to a one-time donation, investors looking to apply for the Montenegro CBI program will need to invest in government-approved projects in the country.
The Balkan country is home to the most affordable real estate prices in the whole of Europe, with a range of properties, such as upscale hotels and resorts, set in beautiful locations with unique environments.
If the property is located in the North of Montenegro, the minimum investment amount is set at EUR 250,000. And if located in the more prestigious South, including the Adriatic coast, the minimum investment amount increases to EUR 450,000.
However, you can expect high returns on your real estate investment.
Montenegro has one of the fastest-growing economies in the region and the continent. This is primarily due to the nation’s thriving tourism industry, which saw 3 million visitors in 2019 before the global pandemic hit – making it a lucrative investment with high returns.
When investing in the North, you’ll have the choice of putting your money in freehold apartments or hotel units located in premium ski resorts. In comparison, the South has many luxury apartments and homes that will yield average rental returns of 4-6% per annum.
The best part is that the real estate investment can be sold after five years – leaving investors with a considerable profit margin due to the growth in property value.
Benefits Of Holding A Montenegrin Passport
- Unrestricted travel: As a citizen of Montenegro, investors gain visa-free or visa-on-arrival travel to over 120 countries and territories worldwide, including Russia, the Schengen Area and Singapore.
- Future EU–member state: It is projected that Montenegro will have full EU membership by 2025. After which, Montenegrin citizens will have the freedom to live, work and study anywhere in the EU countries.
- Access to better opportunities: Montenegrin citizens have access to world-class healthcare systems, quality education prospects and lucrative business and investment opportunities.
- Retirement option: Montenegro is a beautiful country filled with breathtaking architecture and coastal views – the perfect place to spend your golden years.
- Ultimate insurance: Holding second citizenship in Montenegro is a great Plan B to put your mind at ease in times of economic or political instability in your home country.
- Safe and stable: Montenegro is part of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) and widely considered a safe country with a stable political and socio-economic climate.
- Favourable tax policies: Montenegro places no taxes on worldwide income, capital gains, gifts, wealth and inheritance.
- Lifetime citizenship: Once obtained, Montenegrin citizenship is valid for life and can be passed down to future generations.
- Minimal residency requirements: There are no physical residency requirements and applicants do not have to visit the island nation before or after applying.
- Dual citizenship permitted: When obtaining citizenship in Montenegro, you are not required to renounce your current citizenship(s).
- Simple application process: The government of Montenegro does not require applicants to pass an interview or language test and no work or education experience is required to be eligible for this program.
- Lifetime citizenship: Investors and their families will enjoy Montenegrin citizenship for life and pass it down to future generations.
- Future benefits: It’s predicted that Montenegro will join the European Union by 2025, which will significantly increase the advantages and opportunities for the country’s citizens.
Book A Free Consultation
Many people have a false belief that obtaining European citizenship is a difficult and time-consuming process – but it doesn’t have to be when applying for the Montenegro CBI program.
Always remember, when applying for any Citizenship by Investment program, be sure to render the services of an accredited and recognised advisor, like Savory & Partners.
When choosing us as your partner on this journey, you can be assured that you are in safe and capable hands. Savory & Partners is a long-standing and well-respected authorized agent that specializes in helping high-net-worth individuals secure citizenship through investment for themselves and their dependents.
The Savory & Partners team is made up of a diverse group of industry experts who span over 15 nationalities, speak over 25 languages collectively, and come with decades of accumulated CBI and RBI industry experience. Our level of expertise and competence combined with our commitment to serving our clients with the highest level of professionalism and transparency has led us to aid over 1,100 families obtain a second passport with a 100% success rate. There is no one better positioned and more trustworthy than Savory & Partners when seeking the best results on your quest to secure a better future for yourself and your family.
If you would like to apply for the Montenegro Citizenship by Investment Program or learn more, contact us today for a free online consultation. One of our skilled agents will happily aid you in your enquiry.
We are available on every channel convenient for you.