Residency by Investment
Time To Residency
GDP – Per Capita (2016):
GDP – Total (2016):
1 USD = 0.86 EUR
USD 124.3 billion
The Hungary Investor Residency Bond Program is on a moratorium as of April 2017. Please contact us for more information.
Lying at the heart of Europe, The Republic of Hungary lies at the crossroads between the east and west between Europe and Asia. This small landlocked country has a long and rich history and is one of the most visited cities in Europe. Established in 2012, the Hungary Investor Residency Bond program offers applicants a host of advantages.
- Officially known as the Republic of Hungary, the nation is home to 9.9 million people.
- The capital Budapest is one of Europe’s largest and most beautiful historic cities. Budapest is also one of the largest cities in Europe.
- The currency is the Hungarian Forint (HUF). However, it is obliged to adopt the Euro at a future date as a condition of EU membership.
- The country is a member of NATO, EU, OECD, WTO (World Trade Organization) and is part of the Schengen zone, which allows free movement of people across member states.
- The country has a stable political parliamentary democracy.
- The economy is classed as medium-sized, upper-middle-income, structurally, politically and institutionally open.
- Principle industries include construction materials, metallurgy, mining, processed foods, textiles, pharmaceuticals and motor vehicles.
- Its main agricultural products are wheat, corn, sunflower seed, potatoes, sugar-beets; pigs, cattle, poultry, and dairy products.
- Hungary has a reputation for high standards of education, with an emphasis on mathematics, technology and science.
- Hungarians boast a long repertoire of inventions from the ballpoint pen, rubrics cube, modern transformer, plasma television, cathode ray tube to the electron microscope.
- Hungary has a highly developed road, railway, and air and water transport system.
- Personal income tax is 16% and corporate tax varies between 10% and 19%. All other income outside is non-taxable.
The Hungary Residency by Investment program offers you and your family the opportunity to travel freely within Schengen, enabling you to enjoy global reach with no travel restrictions.
As per the Hungarian Permanent Residency Act CCXX of 2012 amending Act II of 2007 on the Entry and Residency Requirements of Third-Country Citizens Article 1(4) 4):
For Paragraph (3), a third-country citizen’s stay in Hungary is considered to be “in the interest of the national economy” in particular if:
a) The third-country citizen who applies verifies that he/she own(s) security with a face value of at least EUR 300,000 and with a maturity of at least five years”.