Time To Residency
- Bulgaria Country profile
- Benefits of the program
- Investment requirements
- Visa-free and visa-on-arrival country list
GDP – Per Capita (2016):
GDP – Total (2016):
1 USD = 0.86 EUR
USD 52.4 billion
The Bulgarian Permanent Residency offers family security, visa-free travel and access to EU education, healthcare and business opportunities.
As one of the youngest EU member states, this beautiful country boasts a rich and diverse culture, temperate climate and ideal location in Southeast Europe. The ideal gateway into the European economy and way of life, Bulgaria is diverse, culturally rich and perfectly placed for working and travelling in and around the continent.
- Officially known as the Republic of Bulgaria, the nation is home to 6.9 million people. Total area: 110,879 km2.
- The capital Sofia is the second oldest city in Europe and one of the largest and most beautiful cities in Europe.
- The country is a member of the EU, EEA, UN, NATO, WTO, OSCE, and BSEC, and plans to join the Schengen area in the near future.
- There is a stable political parliamentary democracy.
- It is an industrialised upper-middle-income, free-market economy.
- The country is a leading European producer of copper and zinc. Other major industries include electronics, chemicals, mining, machinery, steel, vehicle components, and firearms.
- The country has almost 40,000 km of roads and over 4,000 km of railways. There are 130 paved runway airports in the country.
- The cost of living in Bulgaria is generally cheaper than that of Western European countries.
- Eastern European Time (UTC +2).
- Age Demographics: 0-14: 14.2%, 15-64: 66.9%, 65+: 18.9%.
- Languages: Bulgarian: 76.9%, Turkish: 8.2%, Roma: 3.8%, Other: 11.1%.
- Religions: Eastern Orthodox: 59.4%, Muslim: 7.8%, Other: 29.1%, None: 3.7%.
Offered in accordance with the Foreigners in the Art. 25, para 1, items 6 or 7, of Foreigners in Republic of Bulgaria, the Investor Program for Residence and Citizenship includes a fast-track citizenship option. To qualify for application, you will need to meet one of the requirements outlined in the “Investment Options” section.
Acquiring a Bulgarian permanent residence through the immigration program provides investors with all the rights of a Bulgarian citizen, except the right to vote. The residence gives applicants the right to enter and leave Bulgaria freely, as well as the right to travel across all European countries visa-free.