- Montenegro Country profile
- Benefits of the program
- Investment requirements
- Visa-free and visa-on-arrival country list
GDP – Per Capita (2016):
GDP – Total (2016):
1 USD = 0.85 EUR
USD 4.173 billion
Montenegro is the smallest ex-Yugoslav Republic country but one of the most beautiful and promising, having a wide range of investment possibilities with outstanding geographical diversities and landscapes. Its beautiful beaches spread on more than 290 km of coastline which includes the amazing Bay – Bay of Boka Kotorska together with many lakes, canyons, rivers and high mountains of Inner Montenegro make the perfect assembly for a very attractive destination and desirable site to live in. The vast influence of different cultures such as Venetian, Byzantine, Turkish, French and the stability of political environment complete the whole attraction package of this country. The climate is also very friendly, typical for southern Europe with warm summers and mild winters.
- Montenegro (meaning “Black Mountain”) is a sovereign state in Southeastern Europe. It has a coast on the Adriatic Sea to the southwest and is bordered by Croatia to the west, Bosnia and Herzegovina to the northwest, Serbia to the northeast, Kosovo to the east, and Albania to the southeast.
- Its capital and largest city is Podgorica, while Cetinje is designated as the Old Royal Capital.
- It was officially named the Republic of Montenegro on 22 October 2007.
- Montenegro is a member of the UN, NATO, the World Trade Organization, the Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe, the Council of Europe, the Central European Free Trade Agreement and a founding member of the Union for the Mediterranean.
- With a total of 1.6 million visitors, the nation is the 36th (out of 47 countries) most visited country in Europe.
- The Montenegrin legal system is part of the civil law legal system.
- The Montenegrin currency is the euro (€).
Based on article 17 of the law regarding Montenegrin citizenship (“Official Gazette of MN”, no. 13/08), the Government of Montenegro, on the conference on the 20th of May 2010 passed the decision that defined the criteria for determining the scientific, economic, business, cultural and sport interest of Montenegro for the acquisition of Montenegrin citizenship by admission.
Based on clause 3 of the law:
It is of particular importance to the economic interests of Montenegro to grant citizenship to persons:
– that have invested capital in Montenegro by the formation of a business enterprise which will directly benefit the economic development of Montenegro;
– that have directly invested capital in Montenegro or is donating funds;
– that is an acclaimed expert or investor of excellent reputation.
A particular act determines the conditions for the existence of a special business and/or economic interest for Montenegro, by clause 1 of this Article, executed through an organ of the Government administration responsible for finances.
A particular act determines the opinion and/or confirmation of the existence of a unique business and/or economic interest for Montenegro, by clause 1 of this Article, executed through an organ of the Government administration responsible for finances.